BBC Children in Need offer two grant programmes that offer funding for projects in the UK that are supporting children and young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing disadvantage through one of the following ways:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect.
- Any kind of disability.
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties.
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
The programmes are able to support a wide variety of projects from holiday schemes, playground equipment, sports activities and even minibuses with revenue, capital and salary costs all considered.
The grant schemes are offered to charities, voluntary organisations, schools and churches, which are:
- Grants of over £10,000 per year for up to three
- Grants given will not usually total more than £120,000 over the three year period.
- Deadlines are three times a year.
- Decisions are usually made within 5 months of the application deadline date.
- Grants of up to £10,000 per year for up to three years.
- Quarterly Deadlines throughout the year.
Details and upcoming deadlines can be found on the Children in Need website where applications are also completed online.