The Alfred Haines Charitable Trust is a small grant making charity operating in the West Midlands. The Trust primarily allocates its funds to support local organisations helping people to improve their quality of life and prefers to make donations towards specific items rather than large appeals.
The key areas the Trust offers grants towards are:
- Humanitarian and Christian overseas aid
- Family Support and Counselling
- Youth and Children’s work, workers and support activities
- Support for the Homeless
- Care for the elderly and handicapped
- Support for medically disadvantaged
- Holidays for disadvantaged children and teenagers
The Trust offers grants between in the range of £250 to £2,000 and are on average around £1,000. The Trustees prefer to support specific projects and concentrate on helping smaller charities based in Birmingham and the immediate surrounding area. They meet quarterly to consider written applications for grants with the majority of donations made on a one-off basis.
More details on the Trust can be found on their website.