Our new Online Trusts and Foundations Fundraising Course will equip you with the techniques and practices you need to increase your organisation’s income through Trusts and Foundations fundraising. This course supports attendees to establish, deliver, and manage an effective Trusts and Foundations fundraising programme that works for your organisation.
This course will give attendees an in-depth understanding of Trusts and Foundations Fundraising. This course will give you access to the extensive knowledge, insights, and friendly advice of our fundraising experts. During the course you will improve skills and confidence fundraising from Trusts and Foundations through practical support that can be taken away and put into action.
Get Grants Online Trusts and Foundations Fundraising Course is designed as both a follow-on course to the Bid Writing for Charities and Community Groups Course and as a stand-alone course for fundraisers with a minimum level of experience. This course is suitable for charities and community groups of all types and sizes and would benefit those who are supporting fundraisers within their role.
What to Expect
Our Online Trust and Foundations Fundraising course offers a comprehensive overview of the grant funding through Trusts and Foundations process that you can apply to your organisation. You will:
- Understand what Trusts and Foundations are, why you should approach them, and what to expect from them (different types, success rates, varying approaches, etc.)
- Create your organisation’s case for support with methodologies and expert feedback.
- Learn how to research suitable Trusts and Foundations, what to search for, and how to effectively use databases.
- Look at practical tools for managing the Trusts and Foundations Fundraising processes (including creating pipeline and income projection documents).
- Explore how to manage your relationship with Trust or Foundations (reporting processes, communications, etc.)
Sessions are designed to build your practical skills and knowledge through friendly support with lots of opportunities to ask questions and receive top tips from an expert.
Our Online Trust and Foundations Fundraising Course is distributed in two 2-hour sessions with time in between to read further course material, create your own case for support and reflect on what you’ve learnt.
- Thursday 6th May & Thursday 13th May, 10:00am – 12:00pm.
- Cost: £95
- Thursday 9th September & Thursday 16th September, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Cost: £95
Book your place today through Eventbrite
Upon registering for a Get Grants Training and / or Event please remember to check your spam, promotional, and junk email folders for Get Grants Communications – thank you.
Alternatively, contact us to request a booking form.
About the Trainer
Hayley Gullen has 13 years’ experience as a fundraiser and bid writer, of which 10 have been in the voluntary sector for well-known charities including Tommy’s (medical research) and St Mungo’s (homelessness). Under her leadership, the St Mungo’s trusts team income exceeded £1 million for the first time, and more recently her work at Tommy’s has enabled the trusts and major gifts team to enjoy major growth.
Hayley has significant experience in managing and developing relationships with trusts and foundations. She has worked with “big names” including Garfield Weston Foundation, City Bridge Trust and The Wellcome Trust, as well as a host of small and medium-sized foundations. Hayley is an Associate of the charity and fundraising consultancy 3rd Sector Mission Control. She is also a Member of the Institute of Fundraising and served on the IoF’s Expert Advisory Panel for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion during 2018 and 2019.