Get Grants Major Donor Fundraising Course offers a comprehensive overview of the major donor fundraising process and includes practical examples for you to apply to your organisation.
Major gifts fundraising is an income stream with one of the highest returns on investment. Major Donor fundraising has been identified, along with legacies, as areas of fundraising growth for the coming years.
For many fundraisers, major donor fundraising is out of their comfort zone. But don’t let the phrase ‘major gift’ scare you off! It is hugely beneficial for organisations to build major gifts programmes that fit their size and capacity.
Who our Major Donors course is for
This course is ideal for fundraisers of all levels and organisations of any size. Whether you would like to assess if your organisation is ready to develop a major gifts programme, or if you already have a programme in place, but would like to review some of the foundational elements, then this course is suitable for you.
What to expect
This Get Grants Course will clarify the major donor fundraising process, leaving you with a better understanding of how major gifts are cultivated and solicited one on one, and how relationships are built with donors individually. Through expert advice, this course will support you to develop major donor strategic plans and processes to increase your fundraising success, and the confidence you need to put them into practice!
What topics we cover
During the session you will:
- Define a major donor for your organisation.
- Assess whether your organisation is ready to begin major donor fundraising and accept funding from major donors.
- Look at effective processes for successful major donor fundraising.
- Explore the different avenues for identifying potential major donors.
- Learn techniques for building new relationships with potential major donors.
- Develop cultivation and stewardship plans that bring donors closer to your organisation and continue to build that connection once they’ve made a gift.
Sessions are designed to build your practical skills and knowledge through friendly support with lots of opportunities to ask questions and receive top tips from an expert.
The online course is delivered via Zoom, across two lots of 2-hour sessions, leaving some time in between to read further course material and reflect on the information given.
- When: Tuesday 20th February & Tuesday 27th February 2024, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Cost: £95
- Book your place today through Eventbrite.
About the Trainer
Michelle Stein, founder of Handmade Fundraising, is a fundraising consultant who specialises in high value relationship fundraising.
For over ten years she has worked in charities spanning faith, international development and arts and heritage, and has worked with some of the biggest philanthropic families in the UK and US.
She has trained fundraisers in the UK, Europe, Australia and South Africa and knows from first-hand experience that with the right training, any fundraiser can go from mediocre to extraordinary.
Have any questions about our courses? Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!