The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust offers grants to organisations and individuals to support those with disabilities to play tennis. The maximum grant you can apply for is £1,500 if you are a club, group or organisation, or £500 if you are an individual. The Trust will consider supporting groups and individuals with a range of disabilities, including physical impairment, deafness, visual impairment, learning disabilities etc.
The Trustees will consider supporting the following costs:
- Specialist Sports Wheelchairs
- Tennis Rackets (up to £100)
- Racket Strings
- Gloves for wheelchair players
- Sound balls for visually impaired groups
Indoor court hire fees
- A set package of equipment ordered directly by the trust (includes rackets, balls, mini nets, and coaching aids such as cones and throw down marker lines)
The Trustees will not consider supporting the cost of clothing, transport, marketing or general administration. If you are looking to purchase a sports wheelchair, you can either apply for amount towards a chair you have already found, or the Trust is able to purchase 3 types of chair on your behalf. Details about these, and full grant criteria are available on the website.