The Edward Gostling Foundation (formerly the ACT Foundation) has the overall aim of enhancing the quality of life for people in need, specifically the mentally and physically disabled or those with long-term illness.
In doing this the Foundation priorities the following areas:
- health and Wellbeing – supporting access to community facilities to maintain, improve and enhance general welfare
- Independent Living at Home – helping people to live independently in their own home for as long as possible
- Respite – enabling carers to take a break from the responsibility of caring for a loved one
- Transition – supporting the journey through education and personal development programmes into employment, long-term volunteering or other meaningful daytime activity, housing and independent living.
Edward Gostling Foundation offers grants via two different funding streams:
- Fast Track Grants of less than £5,000 available to charities with an annual income of less than £3million.
- Capital Grants of more than £5,000 available to charities with an annual income of less than £5million. Charities requesting over £10,000 may be visited as part of the Foundation’s due diligence.
The Foundation only accepts applications from registered Charities, and you need to have been registered for a minimum of three years.
The online application form can be found on the Foundation’s website, Applications may be submitted at any time and are considered six times a year. A copy of your organisation’s safeguarding policy and your latest annual accounts must be included in all applications.