Sea-Changers Main Grants programme gives one-off grants of up to £2,500 to UK-based charities and not-for-profit organisations (including schools) to carry out marine conservation-related activities. This funder welcomes applications from a variety of groups and entities.
Sea-Changers also runs a Small Grants programme for grants up to £500. This fund is always open for applications.
Sea-Changers is particularly interested in grassroots projects that galvanise community action and projects that increase the number of people taking action for marine conservation. The projects they fund will achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- To address the root causes of marine conservation threats and challenges in the UK.
- To prevent or reduce negative impacts on UK coastal and marine environments and/or species.
- To add to the body of knowledge about marine conservation threats and challenges in the UK.
Deadlines for the Main Grants Fund are 31st March and 30th September each year.
Sea-Changers also run several other grant programmes which are open for applications for a limited period each year. They include:
- Sea-Changers Coastal Fountain Fund – funding the installation of water bottle refill fountains on the coast
- Sea-Changers Marine Conservation Social Fund – supporting socially beneficial marine conservation approaches and solutions
- Sea-Changers Innovation Fund – supporting innovative marine conservation approaches and solutions.
Check the grants section of their website www.sea-changers.org.uk for details.